Thread: Marathi Gay Literature

Member Size: S

Marathi Gay Literature

Hi All,

I'm looking for pointers for any online website or group about Marathi Gay literature. There is a lot of content available in English but same is not the case with Indian languages. It will be great if we all collected listings of regional gay literature.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Marathi Gay Literature

This is interesting. Even I would like to read Hindi or Marathi stories/novels that are Gay Themed. I have heard about a few books that are Gay themed and India-centric but not in the regional languages though.

A quick search led me to this DNA Article (which, coincidentally, was published exactly 1 year ago!) that talks about gay writing in India (not specifically about regional language literature. But there is one paragraph that might be of interest to you:

Quote Originally Posted by DNA
    Giti Thadani, LGBT activist and author of Sakhiyani, who was also on the panel, added that gay writing in languages other than English should also be considered. Partner by Bindumadhav Khire, for instance, is a widely acclaimed novel on gay writing, but it’s in Marathi. Merchant said that, as a writer reaching out to people, “You must speak their language. Once you speak, you have expressed yourself and are no longer the ‘victim’.”
    Mayan
    GIF Admin
    My Blog: Gay In Bombay